MBA scholarships in UK: The decision to study abroad could be intimidating at first, mainly due to the expenses relating to pursue a programme. That is especially the case in countries like UK, which is one of the costliest destinations to study MBA abroad. If you are planning to pursue MBA from UK, then it will definitely be heavy on your pocket, as an MBA degree from a top business school in UK might cost you upwards Â£45,000 annually, and that is just in tuition fee. However, the financial burden must not deter international students who eye top business schools in UK. What you can do is to look for financial aids that can help you with your expenses. Fortunately, universities in UK are known to offer some of the most generous scholarships in the world.
Here we bring you some of the popular MBA scholarships in UK that are offered by top-ranked universities in UK.
London Business School fund scholarships- Developed by London Business School, the London Business School fund scholarships are funded by London Business School alumni and friends. It is one of the most prestigious MBA scholarships for foreign students in UK from developing countries. The scholarships are available to international students seeking admission into the MBA programme and can contribute to all aspects of the programme.
MBA scholarships in UK - London Business School
Gallifrey Scholarship for Social Enterprise
For MBA, EMBA applicants with background in social enterprise
One award of Â£20,000
Jeremy Asher Scholarship
All MBA applicants
One award of Â£20,000
MBA2000 15 Year Reunion Scholarship
All successful MBA applicants
One award of up to 50% fees
SARI Foundation Trust Scholarship
One full fees award
FortÃ© Foundation Fellowships
All successful female MBA applicants
up to Â£35,400
All successful MBA applicants that are residents or nationals of the UK.
One award of Â£22,000
London Business School 50th Anniversary Scholarship
Deutsche Bank Women's Scholarships
All successful female MBA applicants with interest in financial services
Four awards of Â£20,000
London Business School Entrepreneurship Scholarship
One award of up to 50% of fees
The Australia/New Zealand Scholarship
All successful MBA applicants who are nationals of Australia or New Zealand.
Up to first year fees
There are no specific eligibility criteria for the London Business School fund scholarships, as applicants are automatically considered for the scholarships at the time of admission. However, applicants must meet the MBA admission requirements of the business school. Apart from that, there are various scholarships catering to different applicants. For instance, The FortÃ© Foundation Fellowship is designed for women keen on pursuing MBA from the business school.
Applicants of the MBA scholarships in UK are entitled to varying amounts, as there are multiple awards, including full tuition fee waiver of the programme concerned.
The deadline for the scholarships is similar to that of application deadline, which means for the August intake the next deadline is set to be first week of January.
1. SaÃ¯d Business School Foundation Graduate Scholarships - One of the top business schools in the world, Oxford offers scholarships awards to its applicants from across the globe. Many of the scholarships offered in SaÃ¯d Business School are merit based and are said to be the most generous MBA scholarships for foreign students in UK.
The eligibility criteria are similar to that of the MBA admission requirement i.e., applicants must receive an admission offer for the MBA programme at the business school.
It is one of the most generous scholarships in the world that covers applicant’s complete tuition fee along with the living expense throughout the programme duration.
Applicants must apply for the scholarship at the time of applying for the MBA programme in September 2017. Applications are automatically considered when you apply for the programme.
2. SaÃ¯d Foundation scholarships- The scholarship is similar to the above scholarship, except it is open to certain region applicants.
The scholarship will be awarded to candidates from the following regions:
Apart from this, applicants must meet the MBA admission requirement to be eligible for the SaÃ¯d Foundation scholarships.
The recipient of the award will have access to tuition fee up to Â£48,850.
Applications are automatically considered when you apply for the MBA programme in September.
The Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship- It is one of the most competitive MBA scholarships in UK, specifically designed for a one-year programme leading to MBA degree in the University of Cambridge. The Boustany Foundation MBA scholarship targets applicants with excellent merit background. The scholarship is open to applicants from all nationalities; however, Lebanese candidates will be given more preference when selecting the awardees.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicant must:
Have excellent academic background
Fulfil admission requirements of MBA programme in Cambridge Judge Business School.
Have accepted admission offer from the university to pursue the MBA programme to be eligible for the scholarship.
The selected candidates are entitled to financial aid amounting to Â£20,000 that will be directly used towards the tuition fee of the MBA programme. The foundation scholarship also covers accommodation, travel and all expenses related to the internship of the candidate.
The last date to apply for the Boustany Foundation MBA scholarship is first week of May. Candidates who receive the offer of admission to pursue MBA at Cambridge must apply for the scholarship directly to the Boustany Foundation.
1. Brilliant Minds MBA Scholarship- Imperial College Business School offers variety of scholarships to talented applicants who seek admission to the full-time MBA programme at the business school. One of them being the Brilliant Minds MBA Scholarship, aimed at applicants who display exceptional intelligence and potential in the field. It is one of the most common MBA scholarships for foreign students in UK.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Selected candidates will be awarded scholarships worth up to Â£23,500.
The deadline for the scholarship is similar to that of the MBA application deadline i.e., first week of May. As soon as one applies for the MBA programme at Imperial, one is considered for the scholarship.
2. Future Leaders MBA Scholarship- The future leaders MBA Scholarship is awarded to candidates who show excellent leadership qualities and demonstrate passion and ability to become business leaders. It is one of the most popular MBA scholarships in UK. The business school offers various scholarships that target certain applicants, for e.g. women or top GMAT scorers.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Below 6 years work experience
Record of professional achievement
Well-balanced GMAT score
Excellent academic background
Must apply for MBA programme
1. Manchester Merit Scholarships - Alliance Manchester Business School supports 25 students from each MBA class of 109, thus the possibility of applicants receiving one of the scholarships is quite slim. However, the business school offers a number of scholarships. Each scholarship offers different award value and meets different needs. Majority of the scholarships at Alliance are offered on rolling basis similar to the admission process.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
Have minimum GMAT score of 600 or equivalent GRE score
Meet the MBA admission requirements
Take admission in the MBA programme at the business school
BenefitsThe Manchester Merit Scholarship covers 15-60% of the total fees, meaning the stronger the candidate’s academic background, the higher the scholarship amount.
As such there is no particular deadline, normally the scholarship is awarded on a rolling basis i.e., as a part of the admission process.
2. Inspirational Leaders Scholarships- It is one of the major scholarships at Manchester Business School catering to working class applicants. The scholarships are competitive and are awarded only to the applicants who demonstrate strong values and ethics towards the programme.
EligibilityApplicants must meet the criteria below:
Minimum 6 years of professional experience
Must be currently holding a managerial position in a multinational company.
Excellent performance in Manchester MAT
Must meet the MBA admission requirements
Benefits The selected applicants will receive 15-60% of fees, meaning the value of award depends on performance of the applicant.
Deadline Since Manchester Business School offers admission on rolling basis, applicants can apply for the scholarship at the time of applying for the MBA programme.
Stay tuned to www.studyabroad.careers360.com for more news and updates on UK
Study in UK: Know all about best universities
Study in UK - Admission Cycle
Accommodation in UK for foreign students
Your brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile