Featured Articles VIEW ALL
Latest News VIEW ALL
Exams VIEW ALL
Which act gives protection to women victims of violence that occurs within the family
Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 came into force from 26 October 2006. It is a very comprehensive and promising legislation that combines civil remedies with criminal procedures to ensure effective protection and immediate relief to victims of violence of any kind occurring within the family, The definition of ‘domestic violence' is in consonance with the UN Model Legislation on Domestic Violence. The aggrieved can seek protection against any physical, sexual, verbal and emotional abuse or economic abuses. This law for the first time recognizes a women's right to a violence free home. Under the Act, the right to reside in the matrimonial home/shared household was seen as a major breakthrough in women's rights in India.
Salient features of the Act are as follows:
- It covers those women who are or have been in a relationship with the abuser where both parties have lived together in a shared household and are related by consanguinity, marriage, a relationship in the nature of marriage, or adoption.
- It defines "domestic violence" to include actual abuse or the threat of abuse that is physical, sexual, verbal, emotional or economic.
- It confers on the aggrieved woman the right to reside in a shared household, whether or not she has any title or rights in the same.
- against the domestic violence;
- It provides for appointment of Protection Officers and recognizes and involves nongovernmental organisations as service providers for providing assistance to the abused with respect to her medical examination, obtaining legal aid, safe shelter.
Hope this helps you
All the best for your future
My cpga in overall btech is 6.1. So will i be eligible to write ielts? What is the min cgpa to get eleigible to write ielts exam?
There is no such specific educational requirement to write IELTS exam, candidates need to be above 16 years old, need to have a valid passport and the test is basically of two types, one is for academic purpose like one wants to pursue higher studies in an English speaking country and another one is general training which is mainly for work purpose or migration, IELTS is basically to test the proficiency of candidate in English language in speaking, listening, writing, reading. to know more details regarding this visit our page at https://studyabroad.careers360.com/exams/ielts