GMAT Exam Pattern 2021
GMAT Exam Pattern 2021 - Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has given the GMAT 2021 exam pattern on its handbook. The exam pattern of GMAT 2021 outlines the basic framework of the exam and includes the test modalities. For a better understanding of the exam, the candidates must take full cognizance of the current GMAT exam pattern 2021. The GMAT is conducted in online, computer-based test mode. The test consists of 4 different sections with multiple-choice questions. Each section has separate time limits within which the candidate has to answer the questions. Scores of GMAT 2021 are made available immediately after the conduct of the exam. To learn more about the GMAT exam pattern 2020, subjects, scoring method and other important information, read the complete article below.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2021
The GMAT 2021 registration is open round the year and so are the GMAT test dates. The GMAT is a computer-adaptive test and is conducted in around 360 days of the year. The GMAT exam pattern 2021 includes the following test modalities.
GMAT Exam Pattern
Online, Computer-based test
Availability of test dates
Throughout the year
Total number of sections
Effective test duration - 3hours 7 minutes
Total test duration - 3hour 30 minutes
Scaled in a band of 200-800
GMT Exam Pattern 2021 - Explained
The test will have four-sections, namely; writing assessment, quantitative ability, verbal, and integrated reasoning.
Each section will have separate time limits within which the candidate will have to attempt the questions.
The complete test duration, including the time for two breaks and check-in, check-out etc is 3-hours 30minutes.
However, the effective time duration for the test will be 3hours 7minute
GMAT Syllabus 2021
The four-sections of GMAT 2021 are namely analytical writing, integrated reasoning, quantitive, verbal. Each section will have some particular number and type of questions. Each section will have some time limits and the test will be a computer adaptive one. The indicative syllabus of GMAT 2021 along with the other details is explained below.
GMAT Test Section
Number of Questions
Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)
Analysis of Argument
Integrated Reasoning (IR)
Two-Two Part Analysis
Total Exam Time (excluding breaks or tutorials)
Three hours, seven minutes (3 hrs, 7 mins)
GMAT Test Pattern 2021 - What is the Computer Adaptive Test?
The quantitative and verbal reasoning sections of the GMAT 2021 are computer-adaptive, which means, the difficulty level of the test changes on the basis of your ability to answer the questions. The computer-adaptive nature of GMT 2021 assesses the candidate’s potential with a high degree of precision.
In the sections of verbal and quantitative ability, the first question will be of medium difficulty. As the candidate answers the question, the computer scores the answer and uses it along with the answer to any preceding question to select the next question.
If the first question is answered correctly, the next question will be a harder one. And, if the first question is answered incorrectly, the next question will be of moderate difficulty. This process continues until the candidate completes the section.
The benefit of having a computer-adaptive GMAT test pattern is that the candidate can show his potential and hold on the sections of verbal and quantitative ability.
It should be noted that the candidate will not be able to skip, return to, or change the answers to questions because the computer uses the responses to each question to select the next one.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2021 - Provision of Breaks and Tutorials
The GMAT test duration is of 3hour 30 minutes. However, the effective time duration is 3 hour 7 minutes. There will be two optional breaks of 8 minutes which the candidates can use as per the convenience.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2021 - Score
For each section, there will be a fixed score weightage in GMAT test 2021. The details of section-wise weightage is given in a table below.
GMAT 2021 Exam Pattern - Section-wise Weightage
GMAT Test Section
Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)
Integrated Reasoning (IR)
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - GMAT Exam Pattern 2021
Question: How many questions will be asked from GMAT integrated reasoning?
There will a total of 12 questions from the integrated reasoning section of GMAT 2021.
Question: What is the total score band of GMAT 2021?
The GMAT test score is published a score band of 200-800.
Question: What type of questions are asked from quantitative ability?
There will be questions from data sufficiency and problem-solving in quantitative ability.
Question: When can I get the GMAT score 2021?
The score of GMAT 2021 is published immediately after the conduct of the examination. Though the official score is shared within 3-months after the date of examination.
Question: How much time is given for attempting the questions from the verbal section?
For attempting the verbal section the candidate will be given 65 minutes.
Questions related to GMAT
can I do GMAT exam after BEd??
The eligibility criteria for appearing GMAT is
The candidate must have completed 18 years of age
There is no upper age limit for the candidate
If the candidate is between 13 to 17 years old, they should have permission in writing from their parents or legal guardian
GMAC has not announced any official statement regarding qualification required to appear for GMAT
Candidates who wish to enroll for an MBA programme should possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university
ALL the best
Does IISWBM accpet GMAT scores for full time MBA(Evening)?
For IISWBM's Evening MBA, CMAT, MAT and JEMAT Scores are accepted by the Institute for Admission.
For more information about IISWBM's Evening MBA Course do follow the link below
For more information about IISWBM do follow the link below
I am looking for best mba colleges for full time with minimum fees, exams accepted should be mat,gmat?? please tell me?
MBA programmes offered by government colleges and universities are much cheaper than the ones offered by private institutions.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University -The institute provides admission on the basis of the CAT score and also personal interview.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai- The college accepts scores of CAT/MAH CET/MAT/ATMA.
- Tata Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai- The admission into TISS is offered on the basis of TISSNET score, an exam conducted by the institute itself.
- Department of Management Sciences, Pune
- Pune University Department of Management Sciences- The college accepts scores of exams like CAT/XAT/MAT/CET/ATMA/MAH CET.
- Department of Financial Studies, Delhi University- This institute provides admissions on the basis of the CAT exam score which is conducted by IIMs.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Christ International (Deemed to be University)- Students who undertake exams like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA are eligible.
- Delhi Technical University (DTU), Delhi- CAT
Hope this helps!!!
What are some major differences between MAT, CMAT and, GMAT exams?
MAT, CMAT and, GMAT are some of the popular Management entrance exams. I will list out the major differences between the three.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a National Level Exam and conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) four times a year for admission to around 600 B-schools across India.
The exam consists of Five sections with 40 questions in each. The sections and time for each are:
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning - 30 minutes
- Language Comprehension - 30 minutes
- Mathematics - 35 minutes
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency - 40 minutes
- Indian and Global Environment - 15 minutes
TO read more on MAT please refer : https://bschool.careers360.com/exams/mat
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a National Level Exam and is held Once a year by the National Testing Agency for admissions to over 1000 participating Institutes.
CMAT 2021 is a 3-hour test with MCQs from Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General. Each section will have 25 questions for 100 marks.
TO read more on CMAT please refer: https://bschool.careers360.com/exams/cmat
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the entrance exam for those who wish to pursue their MBA and PGDM abroad. GMAT scores are accepted in over 80 countries worldwide and many top institutions in India.
GMAT is a computer adaptive test which is 3 hours and 30 minutes long and comprises 4 sections for evaluation namely Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing
TO read more on GMAT please refer: https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
which colleges in India accept GMAT
Some top colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are enlisted below :-
- Administrative Staff College of India-New Delhi
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India-Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade-New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad-Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore-Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta-West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Management Indore-Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Management Kashipur-Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode-Kerala
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow-Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Management Nagpur-Maharashtra
- Indian Institute of Management Raipur-Chhattisgarh
- Indian Institute of Management Ranchi, IIM Ranchi-Jharkhand
- Indian Institute of Management Rohtak-Haryana
- Indian Institute of Management Shillong-Meghalaya
- Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli-Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Business School-Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management-West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar-Gujarat
For complete list refer to the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.