GMAT Registration 2018 - GMAC® accepts applications for GMAT® from aspirants who wish to pursue MBA and the first step towards the exam is the online GMAT 2018 registration process. Before initiating the GMAT registration 2018 procedure, candidates should check and confirm their preferred GMAT exam date at their desired test centres. As GMAC, the exam authority does not specify any GMAT test date, aspiring test takers may choose a date according to their convenience and availability of that date and time. GMAC does not prescribe any specific eligibility criteria, however, it is taken that aspirants of 18 years and above would register for GMAT 2018. Candidates, who are not satisfied with the obtained GMAT scores can opt for a GMAT retest within 16 days of the previous test. However, aspirants are not allowed to take GMAT exam for more than five times in a span of 12 months no more than eight times total (lifetime limit effective December 17, 2016). In this article, prospective test takers will be able to fetch information related to the registration of GMAT 2018 steps including registration procedure, fees, online account creation to mention a few.
How to register for GMAT 2018?
GMAT 2018 is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Aspiring candidates have to undergo GMAT registration 2018 on mba.com. Alternatively, test takers can choose to click on the link given below to directly go to the official registration page.
Click here or register for GMAT 2018 from the window below:
GMAT Registration 2018 Procedure
1. Create an account: Aspirants have to visit the website (mba.com) and create an account for GMAT registration 2018. Under the drop down of the ‘THE GMAT® EXAM’ tab, aspirants have to select the tab named ‘REGISTER’ and thereafter schedule a GMAT exam. This process should be followed by filling in the personal details like Name, Email Address and creating a Password. Then the candidates would be asked their communication preferences. One selected, need to click the tab ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’. The next page requires the candidates to verify their mentioned profile details. Candidates are advised to ensure that the information matches their ID. This is vital because if the profile credentials do not match on the test day of GMAT 2018, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the test. Neither will they be able to demand a refund of the GMAT 2018 registration fee. Moreover, the candidate may be marked as ‘No Show’.
2. Scheduling of Exam: After creating the web account, the aspirants can schedule their GMAT test dates 2018. The same account is to be used to cancel or reschedule the exam or centre. Students can also access their scores and send it to various schools as well.
3. Selection of GMAT 2018 Test Date: Candidates registered for GMAT 2018 are liable to choose up to three GMAT 2018 Exam Centres to confirm the availability of GMAT 2018 exam date availability of their preference. Once the test centre gets selected, the tests dates at the centre are shown. Clicking the preferred date shows its availability as well as the available session slot to select. The unavailable dates are struck off and greyed out for demarcation.
4. Exam Details Confirmation: As the candidates select the date and exam session, the following page displays the complete profile, the selected date and, slot to be confirmed. Candidates are advised to carefully check all the information before they proceed. Any irregularities in information can be rectified at this stage.
5. GMAT Registration 2018 Fee Payment: The next page is of the payment page. Payment for the GMAT 2018 Test can be made using credit or debit cards. No additional taxes are levied for Indian aspirants.
Debit card (Visa or MasterCard only)
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or JCB)
Indian aspirants, kindly note that some Indian banks do not allow the debit cards to be used on the internet unless it is Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code. This requires the customer to type a pin number. GMAC does not participate in this program so aspirants should contact respective banks for assistance. Some banks are willing to issue their customers a special onetime card or suppress the pin restriction so that one can use it on the official website. If a test taker is planning to pay by cashier's check, money order, or personal check, kindly note that he/she will be required to use the Scheduling Form (PDF) prepared by GMAC.
Scheduling Form of GMAT
GMAT 2018 Registration, Exam Fee, Cancellation, and Rescheduling Fee.
Type of Fee
Particulars of Exam
Amount in US Dollars
Graduate Management Aptitude Test Fee
GMAT Registration Cancellation Fee (Refund):
More than seven days before the exam
Within seven days of the exam
24 hours before the exam
Rescheduling Fee of GMAT 2018
By phone (surcharge)
More than seven days before the exam
Within seven days of the exam
What are the identification documents required on the GMAT Test Date?
Some locations have specific regulations that must be abided by the candidates who wish to take the GMAT exam. For India, Passport book must be produced by the examinee on the exam day at the GMAT 2018 test centre.
The ID must
Be current (not expired) and legible
Bear the name of the candidate in the Roman alphabet exactly as provided when the candidate underwent GMAT 2018 registration process to book the test appointment
Including the order and placement of the names.
Display the Date of Birth exactly the date as provided when the candidate registered for the GMAT test date 2018.
Include a recent, recognizable photograph and examinee’s signature and date of birth.
GMAT is a standardised management entrance test used in the selection procedure of 6,856 GMAT 2018 participating institutes in 114 countries across the globe. The GMAT 2018 test facilitates admission to MBA degree in around 2895 institutes worldwide. Approximately 2,300 Graduate Business schools use GMAT as a criterion for admission into a wide range of Graduate programs like MS in Analytics, Finance, Taxes and Strategic Marketing, to name a few. The test pattern of GMAT 2018 contains both multiple choice questions as well as writing assessment and the GMAT 2018 syllabus covers four sections, namely, Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal.
The new element of GMAT 2018- GMAC, the conducting authority of GMAT has officially reduced the GMAT exam duration by 30 minutes. The GMAT 2018 will now be of three-and-a-half hour instead of long four hours. The mentioned alteration was first implemented in GMAT exam April 16, 2018. The exam content and the time allotted per question remains unaltered and the GMAT exam will be scored abiding by the same parameters. It is the same GMAT exam – just shorter by 30 minutes.