About LSAT 2020
The Law School Admission Test 2020 or LSAT 2020 is an exam conducted internationally by the Law School Admission Council or LSAC. LSAT exam is meant for students who want to study in the United States, Canada and other countries for international education in Legal Studies. The LSAT is conducted on fixed predefined dates 4 times a year throughout the world at various different testing centres. Scores for the LSAT are calculated on a 120 to 180 point scale for each section and the average of these scores or the final LSAT score is also calculated on a scale of 120-140. The scores for the LSAT 2019 will be valid for up to 5 years from the date of the test.
LSAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Law School Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||LSAT|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
LSAT 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
03 Oct, 2020
Exam | Mode: Online
16 Jan, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
10 Apr, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
28 Jun, 2020
Exam - LSAT June exam | Mode: Online
28 May, 2020
Application - Last date to apply | Mode: Online
There are no specific eligibility criteria for a candidate to be eligible to give the LSAT 2020 exam. Instead, candidates are required to meet the individual eligibility criteria for the prospective college or university of application. Additionally, as the LSAT 2020 is for admission to postgraduate programs in the domain of legal studies, the candidate is generally expected to have completed his or her undergraduate education.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
In order to apply for the LSAT 2020 exam, candidates are required to have a registered LSAC account.
- Candidate must create the LSAC account via the official registration link provided.
- Candidate must fill in the LSAT 2020 application/registration details required in order to successfully create an account.
- The candidate can then pick an LSAT 2020 test date and test centre as per the candidate's requirement.
- The candidate must pay the registration fee in order to complete the LSAT application process.
The LSAT 2020 registration fee is USD $180. An additional fee of USD $100 is required for rescheduling of the test date or changing the test centre.
For candidates who want to ensure comprehensive preparation for the LSAT 2020 exam, the following preparation tips are to be kept in mind:
- The candidate should gain thorough knowledge of the LSAT 2020 syllabus.
- The candidate should understand the LSAT exam pattern and types of questions which appear in the exam.
- The candidate should revise regularly through practice questions and exercises in order to comprehensively grasp the concepts.
- The candidate should solve as many mock tests and sample papers as possible in a timed environment to understand what to expect on the test day.
- The candidate should pinpoint strengths and weaknesses to devise an exam approach and methodology in order to maximise his or her LSAT score 2020.
- The candidate should attempt all questions in the LSAT 2020 as there is no negative marking.
The LSAT 2020 exam comprises 5 sections which are each 35 minutes in duration consisting of multiple choice type questions. Of these 5 sections, one section is a variable section which is unscored and doesn't contribute to the candidate's final score. The unscored section cannot be differentiated from the 4 scored sections until the candidate receives his or her score report. Additionally, a 35 minute writing sample is also required. The writing sample is unscored but is sent along with the final scorecard to all the colleges/universities to which the candidate applies to. There is no negative marking in any of the sections of the LSAT 2020 exam.
LSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Section||Duration||Number of Questions||Type|
|Reading Comprehension||35 minutes||approx. 26 - 28||Scored|
|Logical Reasoning 1||35 minutes||approx. 24 - 28||Scored|
|Logical Reasoning 2||35 minutes||approx. 24 - 28||Scored|
|Analytical Reasoning||35 minutes||approx. 22 - 24||Scored|
|Variable Section||35 minutes||Unscored|
|Writing Sample||35 minutes||Unscored|
LSAT 2020 Admit Card
The LSAT 2020 admit card or admission ticket is available online using the candidate's LSAC account. The candidates are required to download and print the LSAT 2020 admission ticket and ensure that the photo on the admit card is clear and recent. The candidate is required to carry the admission ticket of LSAT 2020 on the day of the exam along with a valid government issued photo ID in order to be allowed entry into the examination hall.
LSAT 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- LSAT 2020 Admission Ticket
- Valid government issued Passport, Driver’s licence, Student ID
The LSAT 2020 results will be emailed to the respective candidates after the official announcement date of the result for the candidates holding an LSAC account. The result is generally available within 4 weeks of the LSAT test date.
The LSAT result 2020 of score report contains the following:
- The candidate's current LSAT 2020 score.
- The candidate's LSAT scores since June 1, 2013. At most 12 scores are listed.
- The candidate's average score if the candidate has taken the LSAT more than once.
- The candidate's score band on the 120-180 point scale. This includes the four sectional scores as well as the average score of the individual sections.
- The candidate's percentile rank within a set of scores from the past 3 years.
Questions related to LSAT
where can i get the LSAC registration link?
which are best law colleges in NIRF ranking for law in LSAT
Thank you for your query. The following are the list of the best law colleges in NIRF ranking:
- NLSU Bangalore
- NLU Delhi
- NALSAR Hyderabad
- NUJS Kolkata
- NLU Jodhpur
- Symbiosis Law School
- NLU Bhopal
- School of Law, KIIT
- School of Law, Christ University
All the best
need to know from where can i find the 2018,2019 papers of lsat as it is not available on offical site of lsat?
Thank you for your query. You can find the question papers from other official websites such as career 360 and others which offer guidance for students.
all the best
colleges of Bangalore which come under lsat test three years course
There are very few colleges in Bengalore which takes admission on the basis of LSAT. Those colleges are enlisted below :-
- Alliance school of law
- IFIM Law college
- Presidency University
- KLE Society's Law college
- ISBR Law college
- NMIMS Bangalore
For more details about these colleges visit - https://law.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-law-colleges-in-bangalore-accepting-lsat-india
I hope this information helps you.
What should be one month strategy to prepare LSAT Examination?
I would start with very basic & familiarization of different type of questions. Once you done with the basic questions then you take one practice test & just focus on the section. When you done, look at the performance, really look at the finding areas in the entrance you cover on. Try to find your weakness & analyse your performance, You wouldn’t keep the same mistake again & again. Doing section level practice is very important, Go back & Try to find out where you are wrong.
Understanding of your strength & weakness is something, Only you can do. You know yourself well. Alternately you can build up a test under the time limit to get the experience of real test from beginning to end.
Dr. Jason Dickenson,
Director, India Testing-Law School Admission Council (LSAC)