University of York launches Biomedical Science Degree
The University of York, UK has launched a new Biomedical Science degree. The degree will be offered jointly by the Department of Biology and the Hull York Medical School (HYMS), with contributions from the Departments of Health Sciences and Psychology. Classes for the University of York Biomedical Science Degree will commence in September 2014.
Features of University of York Biomedical Science Degree:
- The new degree will prepare students for a career in biomedical research and other careers related to the fight against disease.
- The curriculum will includeThe course will include small group tutorial teaching and an extended final year project designed to equip students with research and transferable skills.
- Cancer biology
- Immunology and infection
- Population health
- Cognitive psychology
- Students can either opt for a three-year undergraduate degree or a four-year degree with a year in industry.
- There are 40 places available for 2014 entry of the University of York Biomedical Science Degree.
Admission requirements for the University of York Biomedical Science:
The requirements for specific programmes are different. But the basic admission criteria are related to:
- Academic Requirements
- English language requirements
How to apply for the University of York Biomedical Science:
Candidates need to apply online via the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
Click here for further information.
The University of York Biomedical Science Degree admission application deadline: 15th January 2014