University of Glasgow announces MSc Diabetes
In the wake of the recent increase in the cases of obesity and diabetes, the University of Glasgow has come up with a new postgraduate programme called the MSc Diabetes. This programme is aimed at providing the students with state-of-the-art knowledge of pathological mechanisms and exposing them to the various methodologies used for studying diabetes by experts and experienced and dedicated teaching staff. Along with this it also involves providing a firm grounding in generic research skills and the confidence to join the global research effort in tackling diabetes. The programme is ideal for the students who wish to build their future career in diabetes whether in the fields of medical practice, basic research, pharmaceutical industry, nutrition or public health.
Glasgow MSc Diabetes Courses
The Glasgow MSc Diabetes is a 12 month, full time programme which comprises the below listed 5 courses:
- Clinical Aspects of Diabetes
- Research Methods
- Topics in Therapeutics
- Dissertation/research project
- Pharmacogenomics and Molecular Medicine
- Established and Novel Techniques in Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences
Glasgow MSc Diabetes Eligibility Criteria
Mentioned below are the Glasgow MSc Diabetes entry requirements:
- Applicants must have a degree in Medicine (MBChB) or at least a second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in a relevant degree (biological/biomedical sciences or other health professional/health-related area).
- Applicants must have a graduation degree which is recognised by the GMC, or appropriate professional body.
- In exceptional circumstances, other science graduates, or bioscience graduates with an Ordinary degree may be eligible, on demonstration of appropriate postgraduate professional experience and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Applicants must have a British Council IELTS score of at least 6.5 with no component less than 6.0 (or equivalent qualification).
Glasgow MSc Diabetes Fees:
Full time course fee is Â£ 17250.
Glasgow MSc Diabetes Career prospects:
- Graduates can pursue a career in diabetes clinical research entering clinical translational diabetes research or commercial industrial research.
- Graduates can make a foray into education, public health and professions allied to medicine.
- The MSc Diabetes also provides an excellent basis to pursue PhD level research.
How to apply
Candidates need to apply online. Click here for more details.
Glasgow MSc Diabetes deadline:
25 July 2014