University College Dublin announces 2014 UCD Scholarships for Indian Students
University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland has announced the launch of the 2014 UCD Scholarships for Indian UG (Undergraduate) and PG (Postgraduate) students on 2nd December 2013. UCD has announced a €250,000 scholarship fund, the largest ever by an Irish University. The main inclusion in the 2014 UCD Scholarships for Indian students is the four V.V. Giri Scholarships in recognition of Dr. V. V. Giri, the fourth President of India, who studied law in University College Dublin from 1913 to 1916.
The University College Dublin 2014 Scholarships for Indian students consist of over 100 scholarships for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programme aspirants. The UCD International Scholarships available for Indian students applying to University College Dublin:
- V.V. Giri Scholarships: Four 100% tuition scholarships awarded on application to the top Indian students applying for postgraduate courses
- Graduate (Taught Masters) Scholarships:
- Global Graduate Scholarships: Five merit based 50% tuition scholarships for Indian students applying for postgraduate courses
- 50 merit based tuition scholarships worth €2,000 each specifically for Indian students applying for postgraduate courses (first come, first served basis)
- U21 Delhi University Scholarships: Tuition scholarships worth €2,000 each specifically for Indian students graduated from Delhi University applying for postgraduate courses
- Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship: One merit based 50% tuition scholarship
- 5 merit based tuition scholarships worth €5,000 each for undergraduate students
- 10 merit based tuition scholarships worth €2,000 each for undergraduate students
The UCD International Scholarship 2014 Application Deadline is 30th April 2014.
The other University College Dublin International Scholarships 2014 for Indian Students are:
- The Government of Ireland Scholarships for India: Two fully funded Government of Ireland scholarships (with 100% tuition fee waiver, and stipend of €10,000 to cover living expenses) will be awarded to Indian students who successfully gain a place on a 1 year Taught Masters Programme in UCD for 2014-15 programmes.
Details of the Government of Ireland scholarships will be confirmed in February 2014.
- UCD Michael Smurfit School of Business: Five merit-based 50% tuition scholarships will be offered for Indian students applying to MSc Programmes in the UCD Smurfit School of Business. Candidates need 650 or higher in GMAT to be considered for the MBA scholarship.
Deadline for UCD Smurfit School of Business Scholarship applications is 28th March 2014.
- UCD Graduate School of Law
- James Healy Masters Scholarship in Law – Scholarships of €5,000 and fee waiver to the value of €8,450 for eligible courses.
- The UCD School of Law Bursaries - Six tuition fee bursaries of €3,000 are available for students planning for full time study in the LLM, MSc (Criminology and Criminal Justice) & the Masters in Common Law.
The UCD Graduate School of Law Scholarships 2014 Application Deadline is April 17th 2014.