UG, Dual Masters Progs @ SUTD, Singapore
Institute: Singapore University of Technology and Design
About: Singapore University of Technology and Design is the country's fourth autonomous university developed in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Zhejiang University. It offers undergraduate programmes in science, technology, and design. A 2-year Dual MIT-SUTD Masters’ Degree Programme in Civil and Environmental Engineering; Supply Chain Management Programme; Master of Engineering in Manufacturing is also offered here. It has started its operations in 2012.
1. Undergraduate Programmes
Academic: Standard XII (for Indians)
English Proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or other recognised English proficiency tests (for example, Malaysian University English Test - MUET), is compulsory for all international qualifications except Cambridge/Edexcel 'A' Levels and International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Additional Requirements to application:
- Essay (500 words) about a personal statement and portfolios including past three years’ experience, leadership and creative achievement(s)
- In-person and/or Skype-based interview
- Name and contact of at least one referee i.e. teacher or lecturer from the Junior College/Polytechnic/High school that the applicant is graduating or has graduated from
- Co-curricular activities and
- Any other supplemental evaluation and information
Application deadline for April 2013 intake: 4 Jan 2013 to 28 Feb 2013 (for applicants applying with actual results released by 15 Mar 2013)
How to apply:
Click here to apply
Click here for brochure
Telephone: +65 6303 6655 (Mondays to Thursdays, 8.30am to 6.00pm & Fridays, 8.30am to 5.30pm)
The MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Degree Programme is offered in collaboration by the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) in Singapore, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA. This programme supports outstanding individuals to maximise their potential in the fields of technology and design.
Civil and Environmental Engineering’s Master of Engineering
15 December 2012
Master of Engineering in Manufacturing
15 January 2013
Supply Chain Management Program, leading to a Master of Engineering in Logistics
15 January 2013
System Design and Management Program, leading to a Master of Science in Engineering and Management
15 June 2013
Click here for details
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or science, or equivalent.
- An appropriate GRE score. (SUTD’s GRE DI Code is: 7398)
- Proficiency in English. IELTS is required if English is not the native tongue or if the medium of instructions in tertiary studies (undergraduate degree) was not exclusively in English.
How to apply: Candidates have to apply separately at both the sites
MIT site: http://web.mit.edu/admissions/graduate/
SUTD site: http://admissions.sutd.edu.sg/graduate
Attachments along with application:
- Undergraduate transcript & degree
- GRE result slip (if available). Please note that the SUTD DI code is 7398.
- IELTS result slip (only if the medium of instruction in undergrad studies was not done in English)
- Portfolios, awards, etc. (if applicable)
- Names and email addresses of three references.
- In addition, applicants must also submit a statement of interest (about 3000 words) stating the experience, research interest and passion for the topic of study.
- Contact details of three references must also be provided.
Send original or notarised copies of transcripts to:
Graduate Programmes Office
Singapore University of Technology and Design
20 Dover Drive
Click here for the brochure