Ph.D at The Singapore University of Technology and Design
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is Singapore's fourth autonomous university. Developed in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology. SUTD's mission is to advance knowledge and nurture technically grounded leaders and innovators to serve societal needs with a focus on Design, through an integrated multi-disciplinary curriculum and multi-disciplinary research.
Institute: The Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD)
- Engineering Product Development (EPD)
- Engineering Systems and Design (ESD)
- Information Systems Technology and Design (ISTD)
Candidature Period (Full-Time)
- Minimum Residency: 3 years
- Maximum Residency: 5 years
Eligibility: a Master/Bachelor's degree with excellent academic standing.
How to apply: Click here to apply online
Submit your online application to SUTD at https://admissions.sutd.edu.sg/phd.
Documents needed along with application:
1. Original Undergraduate and/or Master's transcripts and degree certificates.
2. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
Note:If the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
3. Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report
If you have not taken the GRE, please arrange to take it soonest and send in the results no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline. Please note that the SUTD DI code is 7398.
GRE required: ASD & ESD
GRE recommended: EPD & ISTD
4. Portfolios, awards, publications, web links to personal portfolio etc. (if applicable)
5. Names & E-mail Addresses of 3 Recommenders
Recommenders should preferably be faculty members who can comment on the candidate's scholastic capabilities and achievements, as well as the ability to complete the programme. Please ensure that the recommenders are informed about the nomination before submitting their contacts to SUTD as they are required to send in their recommendations online within 1 week after the PhD application submission.
6. A copy of Identity Card or relevant pages of your Passport
7. A Statement of Objectives (about 3,000 words) stating your experience, research interest and passion for the topic of study.
Note:Short-listed applicants may be asked to attend Skype interviews or in some cases, face-to-face or telephone interviews may be arranged.
Intake for September 2013
Application Period: 5 November 2012 to 31 March 2013
Scholarships: Click here for more details
Click here for all details