Master Scholarships by University of Liverpool, UK
Institute: University of Liverpool, UK
Scholarship: Masters Scholarship 2013
Programme: Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- An ARM R&D Award of £6,200
- A guaranteed 4 month internship with ARM R&D in Cambridge UK with graduate intern level salary
- An 'Indian Regional Award' from the University of Liverpool worth £1000 tuition fee reduction
The scholarship package will approximately cover the tuition fees of the Master's course.
- Scholarships are open to students holding an offer for the MSc(Eng) Microelectronic Systems (preffered) or MSc(Eng) Microelectronic Systems and Telecommunication at the University of Liverpool's Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics for Sept entry.
- First class BSc, BE or BTech degree in a relevant subject (ideally Computer Science with a good background in computer hardware).
- Multi-disciplinary interest in Computer Science and Electronics engineering.
- Desire to advance Internet of Things technology and applications.
- A keen and demonstrable interest in research relating to security of embedded systems, wireless sensor networks, ubiquitous computing, human computer interactions, distributed systems, data mining and visualization, energy harvesting, ultra low power design.
- Experience and ability with prototyping/scripting languages, object oriented software design, embedded system design using C, web applications development.
- Experience in embedded systems design, system on chip or IC design.
- Good English language skills (minimum IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 230 + ER 4.0 or 70% in English at Standard XII from central or metro state boards).
Selection process: On the basis of interview.
Note: Interview held at the offices of the University's representatives in India in May/June 2013. From these interviews, short listed candidates will advance to a telephone interview with a senior ARM engineer in July 2013.
How to apply: Click here to apply online
Application deadline: May 2013
Click here to view details
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
University of Liverpool Brownlow Hill
Liverpool L69 3GJ, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)151 794 4539