Loughborough University MA in Global Political Communication Admission 2014
The Social Sciences Department of Loughborough University, UK has launched a new MA in Global Political Communication programme. The programme focuses on political communication in a global context, looking at the development of message production, transmission, and reception across nations as well as key theories, themes and controversies. The MA in Global Political Communication programme examines the strategies used by political advocates to build and maintain support, especially during election campaigns, and analyses the relationships between key political actors, media actors and citizens, and explores the wider issues of influence and representation.
Loughborough University MA in Global Political Communication:
- The MA in Global Political Communication 1 year full-time programme will commence in 2014.
- The assessment of the students will be done on the basis of coursework plus a dissertation of 10,000 words on an agreed topic.
- The degree is designed to enhance specialist knowledge and methodological expertise of relevance to professionals working in communications, to students interested in global political communication and to those wishing to progress to a research degree in these fields.
- The Compulsory Modules included in the MA in Global Political Communicationprogramme curriculum are:
- Global Communications
- Marketing Politics
- Politics of Representation
- Textual Analysis Research Techniques
- Production and Reception Analysis
- The Optional Modules available for choice in the MA in Global Political Communicationprogramme curriculum are:
- A selection of the following options will be available:
- Media and Modernity
- Communication and Citizenship
- Sex Industries
- Global Communications
- Popular Music and Modern Times
- Media, Nations and Nationalisms
- Digital Cultures
- Digital Economies
Loughborough University MA in Global Political Communication Admission 2014 Eligibility:
Candidates applying for the MA in Global Political Communication programme should hold a good upper second class honours degree in the social sciences or humanities (applicants with appropriate professional expertise will also be considered). The Loughborough University also has English Language Requirements.
Loughborough University MA in Global Political Communication Admission 2014 Application Process:
Candidates need to apply online. There is no official deadline for application to but it is recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible to ensure a decision is made in time for the start of the programme.
Click here for further information.
Some other programmes at Loughborough University which have been also launched recently are:
- MSc Conversation Analysis
- MSc Discursive Psychology
- BSc in Web Development
- MSc Electronic and Electrical Engineering