Kent Business School Scholarship (MBA & MSc only), UK
Awarding Institute : University of Kent
Department : The Kent Business School
Course : Masters in Business related courses and MBA.
Terms and Conditions:
As a member of the International Scholars Group, you will be asked to contribute by undertaking a minimum of 3 activities from the activities noted below. Two must come from the first list with at least one from activities within the second list.
You will be asked to participate in both of the items below:
- Student Representative – You will be expected to apply to sit on the student council and be available to become a student representative.
- Alumni Ambassador – As a valued part of the Business School, you will be expected to become an Alumni Ambassador on leaving the School. This entails assisting with Alumni activities, networking and recruitment events and fairs in your home country. You are asked to be an active member of the Alumni Association in your home country, or to consider starting an Alumni Association in none exist.
In addition, you will be asked to participate in at least 1 of the items below:
- Business Club – You will be expected to play an active part in the running of the Student Business Club.
- School social media activities
- Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter engagement and monitoring *
- Photo galleries for Flikr
- Student Editorial Board – Assist the marketing team with student related communications *
- Open Days – we have two postgraduate open days each year at the University. You will be expected to assist with 2 hours of your time at each open day event.
Following your Scholarship award, you will be asked to complete a report on your activities at the school, and what you felt was the value of your scholarship. This will need to be completed by March 2013.
On completion of the activities undertaken, students will be provided with documentation that includes references and informative feedback, which in turn can be used to support a student's CV for future employers and which will go a long way to enhancing employability.
Applicants must submit as part of the online scholarship application an essay of up to 750 words discussing one of the following statements:
- Bad management is the cause of the recent turmoil in financial markets.
- A different world is taking shape. Explain the role and capabilities of tomorrow's manager.
Apply online via the Scholarship Application Form after accepting a formal offer to study onto the Kent MBA or a MSc programme at Kent Business School for September 2013 entry.
Deadline: 31 May 2013