Edinburgh University Offers Free Online Higgs Boson Course
The University of Edinburgh is offering free online course on Higgs boson via FutureLearn. The course will provide an opportunity to online learners around the world to study the work of Peter Higgs, particle physicist professor at The University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh online Higgs boson course:
- The University of Edinburgh online Higgs boson course is titled as "The discovery of the Higgs boson”
- It is a seven-week course.
- The course includes description on the scientific advancements that have led to the building of the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland and to the detection of the boson.
- The University of Edinburgh online Higgs boson course highlights the cross-fertilisation between theory and experiment in particle physics during the past 100 years.
- The online Higgs boson course will feature interviews with professor Higgs and filmed lectures by a team of world-class physicists at The University of Edinburgh.
- The Edinburgh University online course provides students opportunity to debate on what they have seen using dedicated online discussion spaces, and via social media.
The University of Edinburgh is offering the online Higgs boson course as its first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) via the FutureLearn platform. FutureLearn is a partnership of 23 leading universities, the British Museum, British Council and British Library. It provides learners the opportunity to access high quality online courses for free.
The University of Edinburgh online Higgs boson course requirements:
The course requires a basic level of mathematical skills, at the level of a final-year school pupil. A basic knowledge of physics is also recommended.
The University of Edinburgh online Higgs boson course admission registration:
The course starts on 10th February 2014. Click here to register for The University of Edinburgh online Higgs boson course.