Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships 2016: Applications open
Applications are open for the Charles Wallace Long Term awards 2016-17. This year Charles Wallace India Trust is offering upto 10 awards for mid-career professionals from India. The deadline for Charles Wallace India Trust long term awards is 30 November 2015.
The awards, which are generally from 2–3 months up to a maximum of a year, cover accommodation and living costs in the UK, fees and a contribution to international fares. CWIT does not support two year courses.
Established in 1981, through an agreement between the Indian and British governments, CWIT is an English charity run by four trustees, one of whom is nominated by the British Council.
CWIT covers the following Arts and Heritage Conservation fields of study:
- Visual Arts
- Performance, e.g. Dance, Drama, Music, Directing
- Film - including Script Writing and Direction
- Design (but not Architecture)
- Art History.
- Conservation architecture
- Management of heritage projects or sites
- Conservation of materials such as timber, stone, metal including metal structures, armour, paintings, photographs and film.
- Conservation of landscape
- Management of museums and collections.
The applicant should:
- Be an Indian citizen living in India
- Be aged between 25 and 38
- Have a first degree, diploma or professional qualification in their specialization. CWIT prefers applicants with significant working experience
- Have not received a CWIT grant within the last 5 years.
How to Apply:
Application forms will be accepted in hardcopy only.
The application should include:
- A Statement of Purpose (not more than 2 pages)
- An IELTS Certificate
- Evidence of acceptance on the course, programme, attachment or internship for which you have applied, or evidence of progress towards acceptance.
- Portfolio where appropriate in either CD/DVD or hard copy format.
Applications should be submitted at a British Council Centre.
Click here to apply
Awarding Institute / Body:
Charles Wallace India Trust (CWIT)
The deadline for application is 30 November, 2015.
Stay tuned to studyabroad.careers360.com for more news and notification.