About TOEFL 2018
The Test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL 2018 is an internationally recognised English language proficiency examination which is conducted by Educational Testing Services or ETS. The TOEFL 2018 test scores can be used to meet English language proficiency requirements for admission to various postgraduate and undergraduate programs abroad. The TOEFL test evaluates a candidates proficiency in the English language on the basis of four parameters namely Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. TOEFL scores are valid for up to 2 years from the date of the examination.
|Exam level:||University Level Exam|
|Conducting Body:||Educational Testing Service|
|Duration||4 Hours 30 Minutes|
Download all details about TOEFL 2018Download Brochure
There is no specific eligibility criteria for the TOEFL iBT 2018 exam as it is an English language proficiency examination and any person who wants to study or work abroad is eligible to take the TOEFL 2018 exam. Instead, the candidates have to meet individual TOEFL requirements for the prospective colleges and universities of application. Generally, these institutions release a minimum eligible total score for application and in some cases, sectional score requirements also need to be met by the candidates.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
In order to register for the TOEFL 2018 exam online, a candidate is required to follow the given procedure:
- The candidate must first register by creating an ETS account on the registration link available on the official ETS web page.
- The candidate must fill in the requisite details and complete the registration process after which he or she will receive an email regarding login details.
- Using the newly registered login details, the candidate can log into his or her ETS account and schedule a TOEFL test.
- The candidate can then select the test centre and test date from an available list of centres and dates as per his or her requirement.
- Upon selection, the candidate will also have the option of picking up to four recipient universities for his or her TOEFL scores. Each additional recipient added will require a payment of USD $20.
- The final step in the application process is payment of the exam fees of USD $180 via credit or debit card.
Registration for the TOEFL 2018 exam can also be carried out via mail or phone.
In order to ensure comprehensive preparation for the TOEFL 2018 test, candidates should keep the following preparation tips in mind:
TOEFL 2018 Listening Preparation:
- Candidates should listen to audio media in English to enhance familiarity with oral English and various accents and enunciation differences which he or she may come across in the language.
- Candidates should do practice questions and take notes of every potential point of importance during the listening exercises.
TOEFL 2018 Speaking Preparation:
- Candidates should enunciate clearly and avoid hesitancy.
- Candidates should practice speaking in a timed environment via the official ETS Speaking preparatory videos on the TOEFL iBT YouTube channel.
TOEFL 2018 Reading Preparation:
- Candidates should practice questions in a timed environment.
- Candidates should enhance vocabulary by regular revision of vocabulary words in order to effectively understand the reading passages.
TOEFL 2018 Writing Preparation:
- Candidates should practice written expression of their opinions in a timed environment.
- Candidates must ensure that they have the required vocabulary and knowledge of sentence structure and grammar to effectively communicate their opinions and answers.
The TOEFL iBT 2018 exam has four sections or parameters upon which a candidate's proficiency in English is evaluated:
Each section is scored on a 0-30 point scale and the total TOEFL iBT score is on a scale of 0-120 being a summation of the scores from individual sections.
TOEFL 2018 Exam Pattern
|Section||Duration||No. of Questions||Type of Questions|
|Reading||60-80 minutes||36-56||Passages from academic texts|
|Writing||20 minutes||2||Written expression of opinions, responses based on reading and listening tasks|
|Listening||60-90 minutes||34-51||Audio recordings of academic lectures, conversations, discussions|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6||Oral expression of opinions on specific topics, responses based on reading and listening tasks|
TOEFL 2018 Exam Centers
|Andhra Pradesh||East Godavari|
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid government issued Passport
The TOEFL 2018 result is available to candidates for download approximately 13 days after the test day. The results can be accessed via the candidates' registered ETS account and unofficial scores can be downloaded in PDF format. The TOEFL iBT 2018 result comprises the candidate's individual scores in the 4 sections as well as the cumulative score on the 0-120 point scale.
TOEFL iBT 2018 Scores:
The scores for each individual section are calculated on a 0-30 point scale. The total TOEFL score is the cumulative result of the four individual sections.
TOEFL iBT 2018 Score Analysis
|Section||Scoring Scale||Score Analysis|
|Reading||0-30||High : 22 - 30|
Medium : 15 - 21
Low : 0 - 14
|Writing||0-30||Good : 24 - 30|
Fair : 17 - 23
Limited : 0- 16
|Listening||0-30||High : 22 - 30|
Medium : 15- 21
Low : 0 - 14
|Speaking||0-30||Good : 26 - 30|
Fair : 18 - 25
Limited : 10 - 17
Weak : 0 - 10
Questions related to TOEFL
Yes, you can prepare and appear for IELTS and TOEFL. Because they are just Language Profieviency exams and are not your regular entrance examinatio...
If I crack TOEFL exam then what advantages for me ? Like can I get chance to do lectureship in abroad ?
Dear Akash, TOEFL is a Language Proficiency test that students take for either studying or working abroad. With your TOEFL score, you can apply to ...
Dear Akash, TOEFL is an Language Proficiency test that is taken by non native English speakers who are willing to go abroad either to study or work...
I have completed 12 th in India .i wanted to do architecture in abroad which i can choose and whether toefl or ielts is useful for this ?
Dear Charu, IELTS and TOEFL are both Language proficiency tests. However few Universities accept TOEFL while few others accept IELTS. So it entirel...
Hello Akhil,Educational Testing Services(ETS) is a non profit US organisation that conducts TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) which can...
News and Articles
TOEFL 2019 - Educational Testing Service (ETS) conducts TOEFL, one of the most acclaime...
TOEFL Result 2019
TOEFL Result 2019 - The TOEFL conducting body, ETS (Educational Testing Service) has re...
TOEFL Syllabus 2019
TOEFL Syllabus 2019 - Candidates are assessed on their capability to ingrate the mentio...
TOEFL Scholarship - ETS® had awarded a total amount of US$105,000 as TOEFL® scholarship...
TOEFL Test Pattern 2019
TOEFL Test Pattern 2019 - TOEFL exam consists of four sections/modules, namely Listenin...
TOEFL Eligibility Criteria 2019
TOEFL Eligibility Criteria 2019 - The conducting body of TOEFL®, ETS® (Educational Test...
TOEFL Participating Institutes 2019
TOEFL Participating Institutes 2019 - TOEFL® is considered to be one of the most popula...
TOEFL Test Dates 2019
TOEFL Test Dates 2019 - ETS has released the TOEFL 2019 Test Dates for the duration of ...
TOEFL Sample Paper
TOEFL Sample Paper - Candidates can download here the TOEFL sample papers of all listen...
TOEFL Registration 2018
TOEFL Registration 2018 - ETS® has started the registration process for TOEFL ®. There ...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile