Stay up-to date with Oxford ELLT News
About Oxford ELLT 2024
Oxford ELLT Digital is an online English language proficiency test conducted by the Oxford ELLT, part of Oxford International Digital Institute. Oxford ELLT Digital is an internationally recognized English language proficiency test accepted by more than 55 universities worldwide. Applicants looking for language proficiency certification can apply for the Oxford ELLT Digital to secure admission into the top universities accepting Oxford ELLT Digital score. It is a fully online test, and the assessment is broken down into four stages in order to assess candidates English language abilities in all the four skills- reading, listening, writing, and speaking.
Candidates can register for the Oxford ELLT Digital at their convenience to appear for an online mode exam by paying a fee of £120. The test is designed such that students can take it at their pace. Application for the test is ongoing and could be taken by simply registering yourself on the Oxford ELLT portal.
Sample list of universities accepting Oxford ELLT Digital results
Bangor University International College
University of The West of England, Bristol
Jacobs University International College
London Academy of Business and Management
Oxford ELLT 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name
|Oxford English Language Level Test
|Short Exam Name
|Oxford International Digital Institute
|International Level Exam
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
|2 Hours 30 Minutes
Oxford ELLT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Oxford ELLT Digital doesn’t have any eligibility criteria. It is available for students looking to study a university course that requires an English language proficiency qualification, who recognize the ELLT Digital test.
Oxford ELLT 2024 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Other
Candidates can appear for the test by registering themselves on the official Oxford ELLT Portal - tests.oidigitalinstitute.com/register-direct/ellt.
How to fill Oxford ELLT application form?
- Visit the Oxford ELLT Portal.
- Complete the Registration Form
- Upload a scan of the ID page of your passport. Take a photo of yourself (it will appear on the certificate).
- Activate your account through the link received in your email.
- Click ‘Get Started’ to make payment for the Oxford ELLT test (test fee £120).
- Once payment has been made candidates will be able to access test content immediately.
- Candidates must complete the reading and listening tests before being able to access the writing test, and then book a speaking test.
- To appear for the speaking test, select time zone, day, and time. Speaking tests are available to book 24 hours ahead of time.
Oxford ELLT 2024 Syllabus
Oxford ELLT 2024 Preparation Tips
Students can use the following tips for the Oxford ELLT test preparation.
- Go through the syllabus.
- Identify sections which you find difficult.
- Take more practice exams. Refer to sample Oxford ELLT test question papers.
- Try working English practice into your day-to-day routine.
- Comprehension of language could be increased by listening to english-language podcasts.
- Keep notes handy for quick revision.
Oxford ELLT has 2 ELLT test preparation material and courses available to book (courses can be booked directly at oxfordellt.com).
ELLT Preparation Course - 3x 90min sessions with a live Oxford ELLT Tutor – via video call includes full test walk through, sample materials and full mock test.
ELLT Prep+ - Asynchronous ELLT test preparation course – 8 modules which include test overview, practice materials, additional self-study, and Examiner hints & Tips.
Oxford ELLT 2024 Exam Pattern
Oxford ELLT Digital is a modularised English Language proficiency test, which consists of listening, reading, writing, and speaking. The Test structure is designed such that students can appear for the test with ease and at their own pace. Below table shows the time duration allotted to every module and the number of questions candidates will be required to answer.
Oxford ELLT Digital Test Structure
The reading test lasts 40-minutes . You will be required to answer 32 questions based on two different reading texts (16 questions per text).
During the listening test you will hear 3 different audio tracks , a Monologue (played once), a Dialogue (played twice)and a Listening Analysis (played twice). In total there are 28 questions , you have 25-minute to complete the listening test.
- The writing test lasts 60-minutes. You will complete one essay question and you must write between 250 and 350 words.
- Your writing test is marked by the same examiner that will conduct your speaking test.
- The speaking test is broken down into four sections and lasts approximately 30-minutes.
- Section one (unassessed) is an introduction, your examiner will ask you a couple of introductory questions and ask you to confirm your identity.
- Section two is the presentation task; you will be required to present on the given topic for between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Section three is based on the writing test, your examiner will ask you a number of questions all relating to your answer from the written test, these questions could be about your choice of vocabulary (lexical questions) or the ideas you wrote about.
- The final section (Section four) is an examiner led discussion based on a visual prompt. Your examiner will show you an image for 15 seconds and will lead a discussion based on the image shown. You should attempt to speak freely with your examiner about the given image.
Oxford ELLT exam pattern
|Total Time Duration
|Number of questions
|Monologue, Dialogue, Listening Analysis
|2 reading passages
|1 opinion style essay question
|Live speaking exam with Oxford ELLT Examiner via video call
Documents Required at Exam
- Copy of your valid passport
Oxford ELLT 2024 Result
Upon completion of the test, candidates will receive their results within 48-hours. The Oxford ELLT Digital result consist of a certificate and report. The certificate summarizes candidate’s performance in the four assessment tasks and gives an overall certification of language level. A detailed report summarizing candidate’s performance is also issued by Oxford ELLT written by an Oxford ELLT Examiner. Oxford ELLT online test result is valid for 18 months from the date it was issued.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:How soon will I get my results?
You will get your test results within 48 hours of completion of your speaking test.
Question:How can you sign up for the Oxford ELLT test?
You can sign up for the test through the official Oxford ELLT Portal.