- Study Abroad Exams
- LSAT Exam
LSAT 2023 Exam - Test Dates, Registration, Admit Card, Syllabus, Result
Stay up-to date with LSAT News
About LSAT 2023
The Law School Admission Test 2023 or LSAT 2023 is an exam conducted internationally by the Law School Admission Council or LSAC. The LSAT tests the skills of law school aspirants and their potential to succeed in the first year of law school. The skills tested in the LSAT include reading comprehension, writing, and reasoning. The LSAT exam is meant for students who want to study in the United States, Canada, and other countries for international education in Legal Studies. The LSAT is conducted on fixed predefined dates throughout the world at various different testing centers. Scores for the LSAT are calculated on a 120 to 180 point scale for each section and the average of these scores or the final LSAT score is also calculated on a scale of 120-140. The scores for the LSAT 2023 will be valid for up to 5 years from the date of the test.
LSAT 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Law School Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||LSAT|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||3 times a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
There are no specific eligibility criteria for a candidate to be eligible to give the LSAT 2023 exam. Instead, candidates are required to meet the individual eligibility criteria for the prospective college or university of application. Additionally, as the LSAT 2023 is for admission to postgraduate programs in the domain of legal studies, the candidate is generally expected to have completed his or her undergraduate education in related fields.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
In order to apply for the LSAT 2023 exam, candidates are required to have a registered LSAC account.
- Candidate must create the LSAC account via the official registration link provided.
- Candidate must fill in the LSAT 2023 application/registration details required in order to successfully create an account.
- The candidate can then pick an LSAT 2023 test date and test centre as per the candidate's requirement.
- The candidate must pay the registration fee in order to complete the LSAT application process.
The LSAT 2023 registration fee is USD $200. No additional fee is charged if you change the test date before the deadline of the test you registered for. An additional fee of USD $125 is required for rescheduling the test date or changing the test centre till ten days after the registration deadline. However, the candidate needs to pay the entire registration amount i.e., USD $200 again to make changes in the test date or centre after ten days of the registration deadline and before the test.
For candidates who want to ensure comprehensive preparation for the LSAT 2023 exam, the following preparation tips are to be kept in mind:
- The candidate should gain a thorough knowledge of the LSAT 2023 syllabus.
- The candidate should understand the LSAT exam pattern and the types of questions that appear in the exam.
- The candidate should revise regularly through practice questions and exercises in order to comprehensively grasp the concepts.
- The candidate should solve as many mock tests and sample papers as possible in a timed environment to understand what to expect on the test day.
- The candidate should pinpoint strengths and weaknesses to devise an exam approach and methodology in order to maximise his or her LSAT score 2023.
- The candidate should attempt all questions in the LSAT 2023 as there is no negative marking.
The LSAT 2023 exam comprises 5 sections which are each 35 minutes in duration consisting of multiple choice type questions. Of these 5 sections, one section is a variable section that is unscored and doesn't contribute to the candidate's final score. The unscored section cannot be differentiated from the 4 scored sections until the candidate receives his or her score report. Additionally, a 35-minute writing sample is also required. The writing sample is unscored but is sent along with the final scorecard to all the colleges/universities to which the candidate applies. There is no negative marking in any of the sections of the LSAT 2023 exam.
LSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
|Section||Duration||Number of Questions||Type|
|Reading Comprehension||35 minutes||approx. 26 - 28||Scored|
|Logical Reasoning 1||35 minutes ||approx. 24 - 28||Scored|
|Logical Reasoning 2||35 minutes ||approx. 24 - 28 ||Scored|
|Analytical Reasoning||35 minutes ||approx. 22 - 24||Scored|
|Variable Section||35 minutes ||Unscored|
|Writing Sample||35 minutes ||Unscored|
LSAT 2023 Admit Card
The LSAT 2023 admit card or admission ticket is available online using the candidate's LSAC account. The candidates are required to download and print the LSAT 2023 admission ticket and ensure that the photo on the admit card is clear and recent. The candidate is required to carry the admission ticket of LSAT 2023 on the day of the exam along with a valid government-issued photo ID in order to be allowed entry into the examination hall.
Documents Required at Exam
- LSAT 2023 Admission Ticket
- Valid government issued Passport, Driver’s licence, Student ID
The LSAT 2023 results will be emailed to the respective candidates after the official announcement date of the result for the candidates holding an LSAC account. The result is generally available within 4 weeks of the LSAT test date.
The LSAT result 2023 of score report contains the following:
- The candidate's current LSAT 2023 score.
- The candidate's LSAT scores since June 1, 2013. At most 12 scores are listed.
- The candidate's average score is if the candidate has taken the LSAT more than once.
- The candidate's score band is on the 120-180 point scale. This includes the four sectional scores as well as the average score of the individual sections.
- The candidate's percentile rank within a set of scores from the past 3 years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Can I choose the time slot to take the LSAT?
Yes, it is possible to choose your time slot from the available options. However they must make their choice as soon as registration opens because time slots are filled on a first come first served basis.
Question:Is it possible to change the test date?
Yes, it is possible to change the test date. Ensure the deadline to change the test date is not over, otherwise you may have to pay an additional fee for this.
Question:How many times can I write the LSAT?
One can appear in LSAT as many times as one wishes as no limit is set.
Question:What are the sections in the LSAT exam?
There are sections in the LSAT exam::
Logical Reasoning 1 and 2 (also known as Arguments)
Analytical Reasoning (also known as Logic Games)
Question:Is there negative marking in the LSAT?
No, there is no negative marking in the LSAT. Candidates should attempt all the questions.
Questions related to LSAT
which colleges in india provide llb without entrance exams (like clat, klee, lsat, etc.)?
Most of the best colleges and universities take admission in LLB courses on the basis of entrance exams while there are some universities which offer direct admission. These are as follows-
- Alliance University
- Bhai Gurdas Group Of Institutions, Punjab
- New Law College, Mumbai
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University , Uttar Pradesh
- Sandip University , Maharashtra
- JECRC University , Rajasthan
- Oriental College of Law, Mumbai
- University , Madhya Pradesh
Hope this helps!
when LSAT 2022 exam will be held?
The Law School Admission Test 2022 or LSAT 2022 is an exam conducted internationally by the Law School Admission Council or LSAC. The LSAT India 2022 will be conducted in two sessions. The first session was conducted on January 15, 2021. The second session will be held over five days, starting from June 22, 2022. The LSAT India 2022 will be held in online, remote proctored mode. Please click the below link to know more. The scores of LSAT India 2022 will be accepted by more than 20 private law colleges in the country.
I gave my LSAT, how can i know my score now
Hope you are doing absolutely great.
So with regard to your query, the LSAT exam is conducted every year by the Law School Admission Council, and results for this years' exam are most probably to be released in the month of July 2022. However, the dates were still not yet notified.
So, in order to check the result follow these steps:
1. Visit the official site of LSAT i.e. discoverlaw.in
2. Then click on the LSAT score card link on the website.
3. Login into your account by using your User ID and Password.
4. The result will be displayed automatically.
Checkout the link for information regarding LSAT exam: https://law.careers360.com/articles/lsat-india-result#LSAT-India-2022-Result-Date--May-session
Hope this helps you!!
when will the result of LSAT come out
Dear aspirant !
Hope you are doing great ! The result of LSAT will come very soon , as expected it is about to come in the third week of July till then have patience , you will get what you deserve .Follow the below steps to get the result ;
- Visit the LSAT India 2022 official website - discoverlaw.in.
- Click on LSAT India scorecard link.
- Login using registration ID and password.
- The result of LSAT India 2022 will be displayed on the screen.
Hope it helps you !
I finished giving my LSAT exam .. when will I get my results..??
I assume you have given the LSAT-India examination that was held in the May session from 22 June onwards.
The result of this examination is expected to be tentatively released by the third week of July as mentioned by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) which conducts LSAT-India examination.
To know more about this examination for example on how to download the scorecard once it is released, how many aspirants took the May session LSAT-India examination, for how long the score is valid etc, visit the link that I have posted below.
I hope this helps! Best of luck!