About LSAT 2018
The Law School Admission Test 2018 or LSAT 2018 is administered internationally by the Law School Admission Council or LSAC. The LSAT is for prospective law school candidates who want to study in the United States, Canada and other countries for international education in Legal Studies. The LSAT is conducted on fixed predefined dates 4 times a year throughout the world at various different testing centres. Scores for the LSAT are calculated on a 120 to 180 point scale for each section and the average of these scores or the final LSAT score is also calculated on a scale of 120-140. The scores for the LSAT 2018 will be valid for up to 5 years from the date of the test.
|Exam level:||University Level Exam|
|Conducting Body:||Law School Admission Council|
|Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
Download all details about LSAT 2018Download Brochure
LSAT 2018 Important Dates
There are no specific eligibility criteria for a candidate to be eligible to give the LSAT 2018 exam. Instead, candidates are required to meet the individual eligibility criteria for the prospective college or university of application. Additionally, as the LSAT 2018 is for admission to postgraduate programs in the domain of legal studies, the candidate is generally expected to have completed his or her undergraduate education.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
In order to apply for the LSAT 2018 exam, candidates are required to have a registered LSAC account.
- Candidate must create the LSAC account via the official registration link provided.
- Candidate must fill in the LSAT 2018 application/registration details required in order to successfully create an account.
- The candidate can then pick an LSAT 2018 test date and test centre as per the candidate's requirement.
- The candidate must pay the registration fee in order to complete the LSAT application process.
The LSAT 2018 registration fee is USD $180. An additional fee of USD $100 is required for rescheduling of the test date or changing the test centre.
For candidates who want to ensure comprehensive preparation for the LSAT 2018 exam, the following preparation tips are to be kept in mind:
- The candidate should gain thorough knowledge of the LSAT 2018 syllabus.
- The candidate should understand the LSAT exam pattern and types of questions which appear in the exam.
- The candidate should revise regularly through practice questions and exercises in order to comprehensively grasp the concepts.
- The candidate should solve as many mock tests and sample papers as possible in a timed environment to understand what to expect on the test day.
- The candidate should pinpoint strengths and weaknesses to devise an exam approach and methodology in order to maximise his or her LSAT score 2018.
- The candidate should attempt all questions in the LSAT 2018 as there is no negative marking.
The LSAT 2018 exam comprises 5 sections which are each 35 minutes in duration consisting of multiple choice type questions. Of these 5 sections, one section is a variable section which is unscored and doesn't contribute to the candidate's final score. The unscored section cannot be differentiated from the 4 scored sections until the candidate receives his or her score report. Additionally, a 35 minute writing sample is also required. The writing sample is unscored but is sent along with the final scorecard to all the colleges/universities to which the candidate applies to. There is no negative marking in any of the sections of the LSAT 2018 exam.
LSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
|Section||Duration||Number of Questions||Type|
|Reading Comprehension||35 minutes||approx. 26 - 28||Scored|
|Logical Reasoning 1||35 minutes||approx. 24 - 28||Scored|
|Logical Reasoning 2||35 minutes||approx. 24 - 28||Scored|
|Analytical Reasoning||35 minutes||approx. 22 - 24||Scored|
|Variable Section||35 minutes||Unscored|
|Writing Sample||35 minutes||Unscored|
LSAT 2018 Admit Card
The LSAT 2018 admit card or admission ticket is available online using the candidate's LSAC account. The candidates are required to download and print the LSAT 2018 admission ticket and ensure that the photo on the admit card is clear and recent. The candidate is required to carry the admission ticket of LSAT 2018 on the day of the exam along with a valid government issued photo ID in order to be allowed entry into the examination hall.
LSAT 2018 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- LSAT 2018 Admission Ticket
- Valid government issued passport
The LSAT 2018 results will be emailed to the respective candidates after the official announcement date of the result for the candidates holding an LSAC account. The result is generally available within 4 weeks of the LSAT test date.
The LSAT result 2018 of score report contains the following:
- The candidate's current LSAT 2018 score.
- The candidate's LSAT scores since June 1, 2013. At most 12 scores are listed.
- The candidate's average score if the candidate has taken the LSAT more than once.
- The candidate's score band on the 120-180 point scale. This includes the four sectional scores as well as the average score of the individual sections.
- The candidate's percentile rank within a set of scores from the past 3 years.
Questions related to LSAT
I had passed my 12th with 72% and Bachelor Of Arts with 74.65% . Now I want to pursue law in hardwad . Please give me information about exam
Hey Pardeep,Well to put this in a nutshell,1. Have an Impressive GPA (Probably from an impressive Institution)2. Have an impressive LSAT Score (Pre...
Hello,Yes, you can.Following is the eligibility criteria:To appear in LSAT you need to qualify 10+2 examination under senior secondary norms or equ...
I had passed class 12th with 57% n graduated (B.Com) with 50%.Now, I desire to pursue LAW by clearing LSAT exam to study in Harvard.
sure, akshay.for get into harvard law school you must clear the LSAT Exam.if you score 170+range in LSAT and average range in GPA you will be the&n...;
Hello Simrin, if you want to apply in US law school then you need to have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or an acceptable fo...
How many times LSAC conducts ebtrance exam in India in a year. And if more then one time when does the application form is availabe ??
LSAT UG law exam is conducted once Ayear only and application form for 2019 admission shall be released from 4th October 2018.Eligibility cri...
News and Articles
LSAT Registration 2019
LSAT Registration 2019 - The LSAC releases LSAT 2019 registration/application form. Kno...
LSAT 2019 - The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) 2019 will be conducted internationally...
LSAT India Admit Card 2019
LSAT India Admit Card 2019 - Pearson VUE will release the LSAT India 2019 Admit Card on...
LSAT Selection Process 2018
LSAT Selection Process 2018 – The Selection process of LSAT 2018 will be determined bas...
LSAT Preparation Tips 2018
LSAT Preparation Tips 2018 - Candidates who are going to attempt LSAT can go through th...
LSAT Syllabus 2018
LSAT Syllabus 2018 - LSAC has released LSAT 2018 syllabus. Candidates can check the com...
LSAT Scores 2018
LSAT Scores 2018 – LSAC will release the LSAT 2018 score in three weeks after LSAT 2018...
LSAT Sample Papers 2018
LSAT Sample Papers 2018 – Candidates can download here the sample papers of LSAT 2018. ...
LSAT Exam Pattern 2018
LSAT Exam Pattern 2018 - LSAC has released the LSAT 2018 exam pattern. Candidates appea...
LSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
LSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018- The eligibility criteria of LSAT 2018 has been released...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile