Top Universities in China 2014
Updated on Feb 28, 2015 - 12:58 p.m. IST by None #China
Applications Open Now
Study Abroad Opportunities with IELTS


Top Universities in China: The most populous country in the world is becoming one of the most sought after study abroad destinations as well in recent years. In the past, China was the top country that sent students abroad for higher studies. However, it has changed in recent years as it became a major study abroad destination attracting thousands of students every year for higher studies. Chinese universities offer higher education at an affordable cost and most of them have English taught programmes, which are the major attractions for overseas students. With an aim to provide a better idea about the best universities in China, we are providing a list of the top Chinese Universities 2014. These are the universities featured in the top 500 universities list in the world by the rankings conducted by the QS World University Ranking, Academic Ranking of World Universities and Times Higher Education World Rankings.


Click here to know the best universities in all the major study abroad destinations.


The top Universities in China 2014 list has the universities such as Peking University, Tsinghua University and Fudan University in the top 100. The students can now compare the best universities in China and choose the perfect one for their higher education.

Top Universities in China 2014

UniversityQS World RankARWU RankTHE Rank
Peking University57101-15048
Shanghai Jiao Tong University104101-150276-300
Tsinghua University47101-15049
Fudan University71151-200193
University of Science and Technology of China147151-200201-225
Zhejiang University144151-200301-350
Beijing Normal University240201-300---
Harbin Institute of Technology481-490201-300---
Huazhong University of Science and Technology481-490201-300---
Nanjing University162201-300251-275
Sun Yat-sen University321201-300301-350
Xian Jiao Tong University---201-300---
Beihang University451-460301-400---
Central South University---301-400---
China Agricultural University---301-400---
Dalian University of Technology---301-400---
Jilin University---301-400---
Lanzhou University---301-400---
Nankai University328301-400---
Shandong University---301-400---
Sichuan University---301-400---
South China University of Technology---301-400---
Southeast University---301-400---
Tongji University393301-400---
Xiamen University441-450301-400---
Capital University of Medical Sciences---401-500---
East China University of Science and Technology---401-500---
Nanjing Medical University---401-500---
Peking Union Medical College---401-500---
Soochow University---401-500---
Tianjin University---401-500---
Wuhan University335401-500351-400
Xi'an Jiaotong University379------
Renmin (People’s) University of China461-470---301-350
Wuhan University of Technology------351-400

Applications Open Now

Study Abroad Opportunities with IELTS
Study Abroad Opportunities wi...
Arden University, Berlin
Arden University, Berlin
PTE- Pearson Test of English
PTE- Pearson Test of English
View All Application Forms

More like China

Questions related to China

Showing 9 out of 9 Questions

I am studying MBBS in China in Guangxi University Of Chinese medicine .This is my 3rd year .I am from India .I want to give USMLE and rest of the exams like MCI .How to apply what should I do now ..I need some suggestions

Animesh Vats Student Expert 18th Feb, 2020


Well I would like to tell you that after MBBS you can give USMLE exam in order to qualify for residency program in USA and for India you will have to give fmge qualifying exam and then you can practice medicine here. Either way the path is going to be difficult cause both the exams are difficult and USMLE happens in three levels.

I hope my answer helps.

All the best.


Hi.. am doing my mbbs 3rd yr now in China.. total duration of my course is 5yrs + 1yr of internship... when will i be eligible to give fmge...? In 4th yr or 5th yr or after internship??

Srijika Bhattacharyya 18th Feb, 2020
If your college is recognised and your medical degree is recognised in India you can give the FMGE exam after you have finished your internship in China and have obtained your degree certificate.
After passing FMGE you have to do a compulsory one year internship in India after which you can practice or choose to give NEET PG.
Hope this helps.
All the best

I have completed my MBBS in China in Xiamen university in 2011. In 2013 I got married. In 2014 I cleared fmge and did internship in osmania hospital. After that I went to Qatar with my husband for 2 years. I got degree on Sept 2017. Next month Im flying to US withm eligible for applying usmle

Animesh Vats Student Expert 17th Feb, 2020


Well I would like to tell you that after MBBS program ends a doctor can apply for USMLE exam . In USA once you are done with your studies, you are required to give USMLE exam which is organised in three levels and once you qualify all the three levels then you are allowed to get into residency program but finding one is really difficult. USMLE can not guarantee you residency rather it will only help you in allowing you to go search for residency in US hospitals. Same goes for international students as well but the level of difficulty is a lot and getting residency is the most difficult thing to do.

I hope my answer helps.

All the best.


how much fees is needed to study medicine in china

Sanjay Khandelwal 4th Feb, 2020
I think you are asking about MBBS in China. Cost of MBBS in China release from college to college. It can cost you around 2 to 3 lacs rupees per year and overall up to 10 to 15 lacs for the whole course. This is only the fee of the college and does not include any kind of accommodation. Your accommodation charges will be as per your likes and dislikes.

i have given neetpg2020. my marks are 424. rank is 62891. i want to take addmission in dermatology. can you please help me to find good college for dermatology course. and will i get addmission in goverment college or in private medicle college. i have done my mbbs from soochow university china.

Animesh Vats Student Expert 9th Feb, 2020


Well I would like to tell you that the marks you have scored is very less to get admission in government medical colleges across India. If you want then you can aim for private medical.colleges from your state of domicile and also from other states.

I hope my answer helps.

All the best.

Never miss exam and college updates Login
The question have been saved in answer later, you can access it from your profile anytime. Access now

Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone

Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

Careers360 App
150M+ Students
24,000+ Colleges
500+ Exams
1500+ E-books