Germany: Admission and visa guidelines
University of Stuttgart, University of Regensburg, Technical University of Berlin and University of Duisburg-Essen remain most sought after universities in the country. In German educational institutions, both professors and students are involved in research right at the beginning of the course.
There are about 300 international degree programmes which are entirely or partly taught in English especially in the realm of engineering and pure sciences. Germany is an expensive country but most university towns will have second-hand shops selling furniture, equipment and computers and most other utility items. So, one must just rummage through these shops, haggle and attain the best bargain. Once you arrive in the country, do register at the Resident Registration Bureau and the Office of Foreigner’s Affairs (to prove that you can bear financial cost of your studies).
- In order to apply for a student visa, you need a valid passport, entitlement to university admission as recognised in Germany, evidence of previous academic performance and a proof that complete financial support for one year is guaranteed.
- The Visa Facilitation Service (VFS) is close to Rs 4,000 from August 2011
- A complete medical check-up from a qualified medical doctor concerning illnesses or important drugs
- Applicants from Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand as well as the Union territories need to send application to German Embassy office, New Delhi.
- The German Consulate General deals with the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry.
The purpose of the interview is to gauge communication skills and see how clear student is about his/her study plans. So answer to the best you can, and avoid limiting your answers to just a few words. They simply want to see how keen you are on studying in Germany. Appointments have to be scheduled with VFS Global Services (www.vfs-germany.co.in)
Register yourself at the Resident Registration Bureau (Einwohnermeldeamt) and the Office for foreigners’ Affairs (AuslÃ¤nderamt). At the Office for foreigners’ Affairs, you must prove that you can bear the financial cost of your studies. The residence permit is valid for one year and has to be renewed every year.
Usually the German authorities require officially translated documents done at specific offices. But make sure you do not hand in original documents, always provide certified copies instead. And do not forget to wish the authority Guten Morgen. Nothing like a little mother tongue to ease things.
Germany Updates and Articles
Questions related to Germany
what is the duration of MBA in Germany - MBA is difficult or easy - fees structure - stay cost - expenses cost - A to Z total cost
Germany is the largest economy in Europe and offers much more immigration friendly laws as compared to USA.
The duration of full-time MBA in Germany can last anywhere between 12-24 months depending on your university, state norms, specialization choices and such. You can opt for part time MBA as well if you're a working class individual in which case, your classes are held in the evenings and/or weekends.
Some of the best Universities for MBA in Germany include:-
- Manheim University :- the MBA program in Manheim spans over 24 months and the fee structure stands at around 3.5 lakh rupees for the first year
- Leipzig University :- the MBA program in Leipzig spans over 2 years as well and fees structure stands at 50.3k for the first year.
- Technical university of Munich :- the MBA program of TUM spans over 2 years and the fee structure is a bit hefty at 25.7L for the first year.
- EU business school (Germany) :- the MBA program here spans over 1 year and costs about 23L for the first year.
The living cost in Germany depends on your lifestyle preferences as well as the area of accomodation as apartments in major cities cost substantially more than those in the outskirts.
The eligibility criteria for applying in a German Based University is different for each University. However, the common tests include IELTS, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL etc.
Hope this information helped you!
Best of Luck!
How to read *MBA germany there for free Tell me step by step, sir
the only way to make a free degree is to get a scholarship. if you have good education qualification or merit then you can apply for scholarship by performing best in the test/exams.
Nothing comes for free. even expecting a free degree from Aboard won't be logical. You have to pay fees and have personal expenses like hostel, mess.
You have to appear GRE/TOFEL and clear it so that you will be eligible for going aboard. Choose a college and go through the selection process. meanwhile prepare and apply for scholarships programs.
Hope it helps!
BCA+MCA BCA+MBA (which specialisation is best for future) BCA+MS which is best for future *i can do masters in Germany
All the streams you have mentioned have a good career with the following equation:-
BCA+MBA( IIMs/FMS) == BCA+ MS(foreign) > > BCA + MCA
If you do your mba from a top institute or go for masters from Germany then surely you will have a good career as compared to doing MCA.
The difference is in MBA you will make a career in finance or managment roles while in MS you make career in tech field.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
What engineering cgpa is minimum required for Ms in Germany?
To do MS in Germany, the minimum CGPA requirement is 6.5. To get admission in a good university you need to get a very good score in IELTS and your CGPA must be above 8. You will also need to do research work and also have them published from organizations like IEEE , it can be on any field.
Could someone do B pharma from other country like Germany, Sweden etc
Yes, you can surely do B.pharma outside India. I would recommend some countries like Singapore, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany,Sweden and USA.
There are many scholarships tests available as well. For studying abroad you may need to give TOEFL exams and pass with a required score.
I wish you All the best for your further studies !