University of Stuttgart, University of Regensburg, Technical University of Berlin and University of Duisburg-Essen remain most sought after universities in the country. In German educational institutions, both professors and students are involved in research right at the beginning of the course.
There are about 300 international degree programmes which are entirely or partly taught in English especially in the realm of engineering and pure sciences. Germany is an expensive country but most university towns will have second-hand shops selling furniture, equipment and computers and most other utility items. So, one must just rummage through these shops, haggle and attain the best bargain. Once you arrive in the country, do register at the Resident Registration Bureau and the Office of Foreigner’s Affairs (to prove that you can bear financial cost of your studies).
- In order to apply for a student visa, you need a valid passport, entitlement to university admission as recognised in Germany, evidence of previous academic performance and a proof that complete financial support for one year is guaranteed.
- The Visa Facilitation Service (VFS) is close to Rs 4,000 from August 2011
- A complete medical check-up from a qualified medical doctor concerning illnesses or important drugs
- Applicants from Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand as well as the Union territories need to send application to German Embassy office, New Delhi.
- The German Consulate General deals with the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry.
The purpose of the interview is to gauge communication skills and see how clear student is about his/her study plans. So answer to the best you can, and avoid limiting your answers to just a few words. They simply want to see how keen you are on studying in Germany. Appointments have to be scheduled with VFS Global Services (www.vfs-germany.co.in)
Register yourself at the Resident Registration Bureau (Einwohnermeldeamt) and the Office for foreigners’ Affairs (AuslÃ¤nderamt). At the Office for foreigners’ Affairs, you must prove that you can bear the financial cost of your studies. The residence permit is valid for one year and has to be renewed every year.
Usually the German authorities require officially translated documents done at specific offices. But make sure you do not hand in original documents, always provide certified copies instead. And do not forget to wish the authority Guten Morgen. Nothing like a little mother tongue to ease things.
More like Germany
Work after Study in Germany
Work after Study in Germany - Know the complete details related to work after study in Germany su...
Best MS Specialisations in Germany
Best MS Specialisations in Germany - Get a comprehensive profile of the best MS specialisations i...
How to apply for MS in Germany?
How to apply for MS in Germany - Every year thousands of students apply for MS courses in Germany...
Documents required for German Student Visa
Documents Required for German Student Visa – Students who wants to study in Germany can check lis...
Top engineering colleges in Germany
Top Engineering Colleges in Germany - Student who wants to pursue engineering in Germany can chec...