NRI Admissions: Know Private Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
NRI Quota in Private Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh – Non Resident Indian (NRI) students aspiring to study MBBS in private medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh have the option of NRI quota. There are 22 private medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh with total number of seats amounting to 2950, out of which 15% are reserved for NRI admissions as per Medical Council of India. Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Lucknow is responsible for conducting the counselling and admission of NRI students to undergraduate courses in medicine. Students can take NRI admission in the same way as an Indian student, by appearing and qualifying the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG). NEET-UG is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is scheduled to be held on May 5, 2019.
Private medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh are affiliated to universities which award the degree to students:
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad
- Dr B R Ambedkar University,Agra, U.P.
- Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi
- King Georges Medical University, Lucknow
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut
- M J P Rohilkhand University
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad
- Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow
NRI admission in private medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh is determined by the candidate’s NEET rank i.e. score achieved by the NRI candidate compared to other students applying through NRI quota. The admission procedure is based on merit because the rank of the student depends on the marks scored by him/her in the NEET exam. Students who are eligible for NRI admissions can apply for counselling by submitting the online form and paying a registration fee of Rs 2000. NRI students must be present at the time of counselling for documents verification and payment of fee. NRI student is required to pay security money of Rs 200000, which will be refunded, after the allotment of a seat in the private medical college in Uttar Pradesh. Students seeking NRI admission must obtain an equivalence certificate or furnish complete details to help the university in determining eligibility.
NRI definition for private medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Candidates seeking NRI admission in Uttar Pradesh must understand and satisfy the definition of Non-Resident Indian applicable in the state. According to the Income-tax Act of 1961, any Indian citizen who does not meet the criteria as a "resident of India" is a non-resident of India. This also includes PIO and OCI.
A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) is a citizen of any country other than Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal or Pakistan, if he at any time held an Indian passport, or he or either of his parents or spouse were citizens of India by virtue of the Constitution.
Overseas Citizenship of India - is a pseudo-citizenship scheme established because the constitution of India does not permit full dual citizenship. An OCI card, which is a long-term visa with restrictions on voting rights and government jobs, acts as proof of OCI and is available to certain PIOs.
NRI-seat Eligibility Criteria
As per a Supreme Court order, the eligibility criteria for NRI seat aspirants are:
- One of the parents should be an NRI and shall ordinarily be residing abroad as an NRI
- The person who sponsors the student for admission should be a first-degree relation of the student and should be residing abroad as an NRI
- If the student has no parents or near relatives or taken as a ward by some other nearest relative such students also may be considered provided the guardian has bona fide treated the student as a ward and such guardian shall file an affidavit indicating the interest shown in the affairs of the student and also his relationship with the student and such a person should be an NRI, and ordinarily residing abroad.
‘Nearest relative’ is defined as:
- Real brother and sister of father i.e. real aunt and real uncle
- Real brother and sister of mother i.e. real maternal aunt and real maternal uncle
- Father and mother of either parent i.e. maternal or paternal grandfather and maternal or paternal grandmother
- First degree paternal and maternal cousins
- Such a person should be an NRI
Eligibility Criteria for NRI Students for MBBS Admission in Uttar Pradesh
Only eligible students will be allowed to apply through NRI quota:
- Passed the Senior secondary examination or ISC examination or an equivalent examination taken after 12 years of study with the last two years comprising of science subjects (including practicals) and Mathematics and English at a level not less than the core course prescribed by NCERT or
- the Intermediate Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board with a practical test included and English as a compulsory subject or
- the B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University or
Any other examination which in scope and standard is equivalent to above examinations
- Passed individually in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained at least 50% marks taken together in these subjects at the qualifying examination
- A student must have qualified NEET 2019 i.e. scored at least 50th percentile in the NEET examination to be eligible for NRI quota.
- NRI students educated abroad must have passed, with at least 50% marks, in the science subjects and English till 12th grade
- NRI student should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2018. The upper age limit is 25 years from the date of examination.
Documents Required for NRI admission
Following documents along with their respective originals are required to be submitted for NRI admission:
Print out of Online application form with passport size photographs
Equivalency Certificate determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University.
Mark sheet of Senior secondary (12th grade) and intermediate (10th) examination
Proof of category chosen by the candidate in the registration form. In the case of students seeking NRI admission, proof of NRI status is necessary. If the candidate is applying under OCI category, an OCI card issued by the embassy is required.
NEET admit and score card
Top Private Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
(INR per annum)
Career Instt. Of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Lucknow
Era Lucknow Medical College, Lucknow
F.H. Medical College & Hospital, Etamdapur, Firozabad
Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi
Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki
Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Sitapur
50,85,000 (full course)
Integral Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Lucknow
K.D. Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Mathura
Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki
Mulayam Singh Yadav Medical College & Hospital, Meerut
Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar
Rajshree Medical Research Institute, Bareilly
Rama Medical College and Hospital, Kanpur
Rama Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Hapur
Rohilkhand Medical College & Hospital, Bareilly
Saraswati Institute of Medical Sciences, Hapur
Saraswati Medical College, Unnao
School of Medical Sciences & Research, Greater Noida
Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Bareilly
Subharti Medical College, Meerut
Teerthanker Mahaveer Medical College, Moradabad
T S Misra Medical College & Hospital, Amusi, Lucknow
Uttar Pradesh NRI Admission Dates 2019*
First round of Counselling
July 2 – July 5, 2019
Declaration of result
July 5, 2019
Last date to report at allotted college
July 12, 2019
Date for downloading seat allotment letter
July 6 – July 11, 2019
* Tentative dates