NRI Admissions: Know private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh
NRI Quota in Medical Colleges in Madhya Pradesh - There are six private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh with a total of 900 seats across all categories. As many as 130 seats out of the total 900 are reserved for NRI candidates aspiring to pursue their higher education in medicine. MBBS admissions in Madhya Pradesh is conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Madhya Pradesh. The medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh are affiliated to a number of universities. They are Barkatullah University, Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya, Barkatullah University, Peoples University, Bhopal, Vikram University, Ujjain, and the MP Medical Science University, Jabalpur.
Admission to the MBBS programme is coordinated by the Directorate of Medical Education, Madhya Pradesh. It also oversees the NRI admissions to the MBBS programmes in private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh.
The admission for the MBBS programme for NRI is same as that for the resident Indian candidates. Candidates have to qualify the NEET exam and register for the counselling. The admission offers will be done based on merit. The merit will be determined by the score obtained by the candidates in the NEET UG examination. NEET-UG is conducted every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET-UG is scheduled to be conducted on May 5, 2019.
NRI Definition for private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh
According to the Madhya Pradesh Private Professional Educational Institute, the definition of NRI would be the same as defined by the IT Act 1961 section 115C – "Non-resident Indian" means an individual, being a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin who is not a "resident". A person shall be deemed to be of Indian origin if he, or either of his parents or any of his grandparents, was born in undivided India.”
The definition for NRI aspirant is
an aspirant who is an NRI
first degree blood relative of NRI
Dependent of an NRI
NRI seat Eligibility Criteria: A Supreme Court order has clarified the eligibility conditions for a person to be able to apply for the NRI seat. The criteria are mentioned below.
1. Either parent should be an NRI and shall ordinarily be residing abroad as an NRI
2. The NRI sponsor the student for admission should be a first-degree relative of the aspirant and residing abroad as an NRI
3. If the aspirant has no parents or near relatives or has been taken as a ward by a nearest relative such aspirants may also be considered for the NRI seat provided the guardian has bona fide treated the student as ward and the guardian is required to file an affidavit showing his/her interest in the affairs of the student and also their relationship with the student and such a person should be an NRI, and ordinarily residing abroad.
‘Nearest relative’ should be one of the following.
1. Real brother and sister of father i.e. real aunt and real uncle
2. Real brother and sister of mother i.e. real maternal aunt and real maternal uncle
3. Father and mother of either parent i.e. maternal or paternal grandfather and maternal or paternal grandmother
4. First degree paternal and maternal cousins
5. The relative should be an NRI
NRI Admissions: Private Medical Colleges in Madhya Pradesh
Name and Address of
Year of Inception of College
Annual Intake (Seats)
Fee ($) NRI
Chirayu Medical College and Hospital, Bairagarh,Bhopal
Index Medical College Hospital & Research Centre,Indore
Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya
L.N. Medical College and Research Centre,Bhopal
Peoples College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bhanpur, Bhopal
Peoples University, Bhopal
Ruxmaniben Deepchand Gardi Medical College, Ujjain
Vikram University, Ujjain
Amaltas Institute of Medical Sciences, Dewas
MP Medical Science University, Jabalpur
Important Dates of Madhya Pradesh MBBS Counselling 2019
These are the tentative important dates for MBBS Counselling for private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh.
First Round of Counselling/Admission
Last week of June – Early July 2019
Last date of reporting to the allotted college
Second Round of Counselling
Last date to report at allotted college
Filling up of vacant seats