Know the best study options in Holland!
Nuffic Neso Desk India is the official representative for promoting Dutch Higher Education Institutions (DHEI) in India. Over the past five years, there has been a considerable rise in the number of students travelling to the Netherlands for higher studies. This trend can be attributed to several unique factors such as:
- First non-English speaking country to offer over 1700 English taught study programmes
- Out of the 14 research universities, 12 are listed in the top 200 list of world rankings such as ARWU, Times Higher Education World Rankings and QS World Rankings.
- A large number of international student population offering the perfect global set up
- With many European capitals a stone’s throw away, Holland is the gateway to Europe
- Comparatively lower costs of living
- Students get a one year search period to look for employment in the Netherlands
- Many corporate leaders such as Unilever, Shell and Philips are Dutch companies.
The Dutch education system is interactive and focuses on teamwork, which makes it easy to meet other international students. Holland has also received international acclaim for its groundbreaking Problem-Based Learning system, which trains students to analyze and solve practical problems independently through emphasis on self-study and self-discipline. The basic requirements for applying to any DHEI are:
- IELTS / TOEFL
- GMAT (for management courses only)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- There may be other specific requirements based on the study programme
While there are scholarships available for international students, they are limited in number and highly competitive.
Click here to know the best scholarship oportunities.
Visit Nuffic Neso Desk India Students can find more information on life and study in Holland, study programmes and scholarship opportunities. They will also have access to our database of over 1700 English taught programmes.
Netherlands Updates and Articles
Study in Netherlands – Know top universities, courses and admi...
Study in Netherlands - Know all about studying in Netherlands ...
Become a next-gen business leader with an MSc in Management fr...
Questions related to Netherlands
Does one require 16th year of eductaion to do their Masters in the Netherlands?
You definitely need to do your 16th year of study which is your 11th in order to do masters not only in Netherlands but in all countries. You have to complete you 10+2 and degree in order to peruse a masters degree. It is the basic compulsion in all countries.
Hope the above information helped you!