GMAT - Stands for Graduate Management Admission Test
Reach: Available in nearly 110 countries, it is the most widely used assessment test conducted at 550 centres for graduate management admissions by over 1,500 universities globally.
Versions & format: Computer-based test
About Test: GMAT consists of 4 separately timed sections: Analytical Writing Assessment, Quantitative & Verbal, with a new addition: Integrated Reasoning (wef June 5, 2012) which is a 30-minute, 12 question section. Test duration is 3½ hours.
Conducting Authority: The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is an organization comprising leading graduate business schools around the world. It is the owner and administrator of the GMAT® exam.
Cost of Test: Fee for GMAT exam is US$250 globally and up to five (5) GMAT Programs to receive your Official Score Report.
Test Support: GMAT Prep test preparation software is available to help you prepare for the Computer-Adaptive GMAT® exam.
Test Scores: For each of your scores on the GMAT test (Verbal, Quantitative, IR and Analytical Writing Assessment), you will receive a percentile rank. Total GMAT score ranges from 200 to 800. Official Score Reports are available online within 20 days of the test.
Validity: GMAT score is valid for five years. Requests for GMAT rescoring must be made within six months of your test date.
Remarks: GMAT exam is made up of different types of questions so that you can demonstrate your ability in several skills required to be successful in graduate school.
GMAT Score 2020 - GMAC releases the GMAT 2020 score immediatel...
GMAT Registration 2020 - GMAC has released the GMAT 2020 regis...
GMAT Test Dates 2020 - GMAC conducts GMAT 2020 round the year....
Scoring tips to succeed in GMAT - A top score doesn't ensure a...
GMAT 2015 Test Dates - The GMAT test can be taken around the y...
Since you are in B.Tech 3rd year now, so i think this is the right time for you to start your Preparation for CAt. You have one year for preparation at this stage of time. To start with I'll recommend you to brush up your basic knowledge of Mathematics. Since you are a Btech student you won't face much difficulty in Quants section if you devote some time for practice regulary. For Verbal section, I'll suggest you to start reading novels, newspaper etc. as much as possible, This will increase your reading speed and improve your vocabulary. Solve past year questions for DILR practice. I'll suggest you to buy test series from some coaching institute for practice. CAT examination is all about practice and your command on subject. If you know the concepts and is good at english then you have high chances of cracking cat.
Yes. You can appear for GMAT to study MBA abroad. More than 110 Countries accept GMAT score and so you can write GMAT for studying MBA abroad. The GMAT has 4 sections namely Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning, This exam tests your comprehension and analytical skills.
The type of exam should you give depends on the University you're looking for and also the course.
SAT or ACT is basically for Undergraduate courses while GRE and GMAT is for Postgraduate courses. TOEFL and IELTS are basically English Proficiency tests. They are given by the candidates whose native language is not English, it too varies according to the university. Every university has it's different criteria but if you're looking for Undergraduate course then you should give SAT as it is accepted by many universities and the language exam based on what the university is accepting.
see by gmat score you may apply for indian colleges for pgdm admission, however most of the tier 1 institute have executives program based on gmat score where work experience is necessary, however some of the top institute you may go for,
sp jain institute of management
Great lakes, Chennai
NSB-NTPC School of Business
Lets go point by point:
1. Universities DO NOT need AICTE approvals, as AICTE is not the regulatory authority for Universities.
2. LPU is a full fledged PRIVATE University established u/s 2F of UGC act. Deemed universities are those which run only one branch of courses and are not given FULL university status by UGC.
3. For higher studies abroad: LPU itself has tie ups with over 200 top universities world over. secondly, most universities abroad take the scores of GRE/GMAT/GATE etc, there are thousands of LPU students world over who have passed these examinations and are either studying abroad or have completed their studies.
4. Higher studies in India: All the LPU courses are recognized by all the universities in India for qualifying examination purpose due to UGC recognition.
5. Placements: LPU has one of the biggest and most elaborate placement process for thousands of its students in all the programs and more than 600 companies visit the campus for recruitment offering lucrative offers. Going to company switching later on, the skills attained in LPU act as catalyst in your career. Most of the technologies being taught in LPU improve your efficiency by leaps and bounds.
Hope this solves all the points.
Your GMAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile