EU's Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus programme aims to enhance quality in higher education through scholarships and academic co-operation between Europe and the rest of the world.
Institute:Global and European Studies Institute of the University of Leipzig
Programme: Erasmus Mundus scholarship by EU commission
Degree: Masters in Global studies
- A bachelors degree or recognised equivalent from an accredited institution in Social Sciences or Humanities
- A sufficient undergraduate training to do graduate work in chosen field
- Very good academic performance
- Excellent English skills
Note: Knowledge of German / Polish/ Danish or any other European language will be considered an advantage
- Academic excellence and quality/recognition of home institution having awarded the first degree
- motivation, academic potential and recommendation
- match of previous degrees with the Masters course in Global Studies
- level of language skills
- work experience/professional qualifications
Category A: For third country nationals:
According to the definitions on the EU-website of Erasmus Mundus, nationals coming from third countries are: Nationals coming from all countries other than the 27 EU Member States and the EEA-EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), who are not residents of any of the above countries, and who have not carried out their main activities (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the above countries.
Category B: All students who do not fulfill the Category A criteria, including European students.
Category A: Scholarships include a single travel allowance of € 8,000 and living allowance of € 1,000 per month
Category B:Scholarships include a single travel allowance of € 3,000 and living allowance of € 500 per month.
Note: All students who do not fulfill the Category A criteria ,including European students.
Important: All students applying to more than 3 Erasmus Mundus Master courses or received an Erasmus Mundus grant before will automatically disqualify for the scholarship.
How to apply:
Click here to download application
SEND it along with the relevant documents to the institute.
Documents to be sent along with application:
- Letter of motivation
- Chronological CV
- Certified copies of certificates (High school diploma, BA-degree, MA-degree (if applicable) and transcript of study results)
- Certified/original copies of English test results (and if applicable non-certified documents that prove language skills in Danish, German or Polish or any other language)
- 2 truly signed recommendation letters
- Passport size photo
Click here for details
Erasmus Mundus European Master in Global Studies
Global and European Studies Institute